Performing a proper shutdown of your 3M Water Filtration System is an essential practice to help preserve its functionality and help ensure expensive appliances are ready to go when you restart them back up. Please follow the instructions below to ensure consistent performance when the system is returned to normal operation.
To avoid replacing filter and membrane cartridges, users can simulate “normal” use by flushing the filter system at least once every 3 days while the filtration system is not in daily use.
If following the 3-day flushing protocol: Flush filtration systems at least once every 3 days by operating the system and running the water to drain for a minimum of 5 minutes at each flush cycle. The system shutdown and restart steps below are not necessary if following the 3-day flushing cycle. If not following the 3-day flushing protocol, steps to shutdown and restart the Water filter system are shown below:
1. Make sure the equipment connected to the filtration system is shutdown. Close the filtration system inlet water valve or turn off water supply.
2. If filtration system features a valve; open the filter flush valve or downstream valve for a few seconds to relieve pressure in the system.
3. If filtration system features a valve; close the flush valve or downstream valve.
4. Leave cartridges in place installed in the heads.
1. Open the filter inlet water valve, or turn on water supply if no valve on system, and check for any leaks.
2. Flush the system to drain for at least 5 minutes.
3. Close the flush valve or downstream valve. System is now ready for use.
1. Discard the old filter cartridges.
2. Replace with new filter cartridges per the cartridge installation instructions.
3. Open the filter inlet water valve, or turn on water supply if no valve on system, and check for any leaks.
4. Flush the system per the filter’s recommended flush instructions included on the Performance Data Sheet.
5. Close the flush valve or downstream valve. System is now ready for use.
The brands listed above are trademarks of 3M.